Step into Coppell’s past with a tour of Coppell Historical Museum / Heritage Park. Operated by the Coppell Historical Society, the one-acre park includes:
- a replica of one of the original Minyard’s grocery stores
- Kirkland House, built in 1904
- Ihnfeldt House, built in 1924
- Wilson House, built in 1947
Previously located at Minyard’s corporate offices in Coppell, the Minyard’s store was modeled to resemble the first Minyard’s in east Dallas. It was donated to the City of Coppell by the Minyard family and moved from its original site in 2011. The store actively sells vintage gift items, historic stationery and postcards, 1900s candy and drinks and more.
Coppell’s oldest house was the family home of John M. and Edna Jeanette Kirkland and their seven children. It was moved from its original location and restored in 2011 by The Jean and Price Daniel Foundation, the Coppell Historical Society, and the City of Coppell.
The 850-square-foot home is among Coppell’s oldest remaining residential structures. Until 1999, it was the home of Erma lhnfeldt. The City of Coppell is making much needed repairs to the 99-year old home. It was moved to its current location in Heritage Park in 2016.
Home to Wheelice Wilson Sr., Ruby Nell Harlin Wilson, and their three children, complete with its original furnishings, the home is a glimpse into life in midcentury America. The house and its garage are the only original structures to the land on which Heritage Park sits.